- API/Framework : WPF, OpenGL, DirectX
Software Engineer II – Microsoft Edge Layout (June 2017 – Present)
- OOP C++ and C# helping improve the Microsoft Edge layout engine
Software Development Engineer – Kindle Rendering (January 2017 – June 2017)
- OOP C++11 / C++14 helping to implement new features for their proprietary layout engine.
- Sledgehammer Games
Software Engineer (March 2015 – January 2017)
Associate Software Engineer (September 2013 – March 2015)
Tools Engineer Intern (June 2013 – September 2013)
- UI Engineer for Call of Duty : Advanced Warfare, primarily C++ and Lua scripting.
- Created new menus and systems that improved the shipping product.
- Working closely with a small pod of engineers and artists, as well as collaborating with other studios.
- Addressed UI related performance and memory problems.
- Migrating and implementing new features in a modular in-house tool using C# WPF, third party Telerik controls, and the Microsoft Prism Library.
- Helped create a UI Editor module for the tool mentioned above. It maintains a JSON layout file and exports Lua script that the game can consume. I wrote a majority of the rendering code for the module, as well as user interaction code such as the drag-drop editing of UI elements on the stage, and a keyframe based animation timeline.
- RENU (December 2012): http://adamettenberger.com/renu/
- Placed 2nd during the “Imagine Cup 2013 @ RIT” event.
- Postmortem and playable version available on my portfolio website listed above.
- 2D Metaballs (October 2012): http://adamettenberger.com/Metaballs/
- Individual project to learn more about WebGL and GLSL shaders over a weekend.
- Researched how Metaballs worked, and derived a solution using point lights and alpha blending.
- Allowed for multiple colored point lights for a more interesting effect.
- Card Kingdom (Winter 2011): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScAQhNe9oZw
- Worked with a graduate capstone team of 8 building a 3D arcade arena-style arena-based beat-em'-up.
- Prototyped the AI system in Unity with C#, then later implemented into the C++ engine.
- This project was showcased at the GDC 2012 Expo floor and had received a lot of positive feedback.
EducationRochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY
B.S. Game Design and Development – May 2013